Wednesday, September 29, 2010

100929 UNITED JERUSALEM FOUNDATION


After a hot, yet successful morning at the Western Wall, I walked to Mamilla to treat myself to ice coffee before going home. I passed a man giving a shpeil to some tourists while they signed his petition and
what little I understood, I thought was quite interesting. But the taste buds won out at that moment and I pursued my fleshly yearnings, especially when I saw the sign to Hillel's hanging over my head and the man on the poster winking at me, beckoning me to enter the premises and spend my hard earned money. Hallel and I both agreed that I definitely earned a nice cup of coffee!
Needless to say, the man was still speaking to the women so I took the opportunity to learn what he was up to and what the petition was all about. The man, Richard Haar is the Founder of the United Jerusalem Foundation and I personally agree with every word he says about an UN-divided Jerusalem. I couldn't have put it better than Jeff, so the following is a brief, yet straight to the point, video clip of his organization in his own words. Just in case its not clear, in order to learn more, here is his website: www.UnitedJerusalem.com or www.UnitedJerusalem.org

No comments:

Post a Comment